Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Week 3 : My hometown.

My hometown is awesome. That's why I moved back here.

The people in this community are amazing. Members of the Osage Township Fire Department and other awesome volunteers donated their time and equipment to build a brand new fire station/community center last year with help from a state grant. The building includes a storm shelter for the people of the area as well. Here are some random shots I took during the building process...
And the finished product! 7,700-square-feet of blood, sweat and tears (okay, so I'm being a bit dramatic...). 
The old fire station:
Our "downtown":
And the church I grew up in:
That's it in a nutshell. The best little town in the world.

(So far, I'm really enjoying this weekly project thing... I think I may actually follow through with 52 weeks of it!)

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | The Blog Full of Games

Back to TOP